Friday, September 27, 2013

Max Mara Spring 2014 Ready To Wear

As much as I rage against fashion's tendency toward the impractical, you can go too far the other way. A runway show is about spectacle, and this is just about the least spectacular, most boring collection I have ever seen. The first third of the show was all off-white before they showed any color. It's as though they were sending out the muslins, that's the outfits made of muslin that a designer starts out with and experiments on before cutting into the good material,  and then realized, "Oh yeah, this is a runway show. Guess we ought to send out the real clothes now." You could find most of these clothes at the Ann Taylor Loft store in the mall, and I wouldn't buy them there either. To me, this collection seems pointless except to people who care more about the label or price tag than they do about the clothes themselves.

2 comments:

  1. I thought it said Muslims, muslin is much better and makes more sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The auto-correct thought I meant, "Muslims" too. Pretty funny the way computers can be about that.

    ReplyDelete