Saturday, June 30, 2012

Horror and Romance

I watched the Evil Dead movies today. I've never tried to before because I am really afraid of zombies and all manner of undead. I watched the first one when I was just out of high school, and I was so scared that at one point I actually screamed and hid under the blanket (and I'm not afraid to admit that). Now I have forced myself to watch them because I wanted to know what they're all about - mostly because I love Bruce Campbell and these movies are what he is most famous for. Honestly, the main reason I avoid horror movies is the same reason I tend to avoid romantic comedies:  both genres are dependent people doing really stupid things. If the girl hadn't run out into the woods in the middle of the night...if the guy had just talked honestly to his girlfriend...there wouldn't be much of a movie, would there? It frustrates me. There are of course exceptions in both genres, and the less the plot is dependent on the characters' utter lack of common sense the happier I am. As for Evil Dead - I cannot love the movie for its own sake, but Bruce Campbell is eye-candy to me and as long as I focus on that I am ok. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment