Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Gamer In Me

As I have mentioned before, I am not a hardcore gamer, even though most of my friends are. I just have so many other things to do, the business I am trying to build (including new product experiments), books I want to read, painting, and organizing my life and my stuff, that I don't have the time or the energy to spend cultivating gamer skills. This is most noticeable in shooters or platform games. People who have played video games since childhood find these pretty easy, but I never even touched a controller until I was well into college life so it would take months of practice to bring myself to the level of my peers. But even with these disadvantages, there are games that I enjoy.

My favorite kinds of games are fighting games and puzzle games. Puzzle games require mental skills that I already have, and I like fighting games because I can get away with button-mashing. I don't win much against more skilled people (practice, remember?), but as long as I can give a good fight and I don't go down too easy I don't care. I guess the point is that being a casual gamer can be fun as long as you have a good grasp of sportsmanship.

No comments:

Post a Comment